CSDB 2020-2025 Strategic Plan
The newly developed strategic plan was approved by the Board of Trustees, October 21, 2020. Links to the various sections can be accessed through the links on the right.
Listed below are the sections of the strategic plan and the 5-year goal for each area. These are meant to give you an understanding of the types of information you will find in each of the pages listed on the right.
- Strategic Area #1-School Climate
- 5-Year Goal: CSDB is a place of equity where passionate learners and staff thrive through feeling respected, supported, safe and able to contribute to the school’s vision and mission.
- Strategic Area #2-Instruction
- 5-Year Goal: Instructional and Support Services staff will have the tools, training, and expertise to provide high quality, rigorous, consistent instruction, assessment, and behavior supports that are responsive to unique learner needs and result in increased student achievement.
- Strategic Area #3-Post-Secondary and Workforce Readiness
- 5-Year Goal: CSDB’s Post-Secondary and Workforce Readiness instruction and experiences provide a consistent, structured scope and sequence consisting of learning in and out of the classroom, quality on- and off-campus work experiences including interactions with a variety of adult role models, and knowledge of community resources.
- Strategic Area #4-Learning and Living Beyond the Classroom
- 5-Year Goal: Foundations have been established for learner-centered programs and services available beyond the classroom that clearly identify opportunities for day, residential and BtL learners, and promote development of skills in the areas of academics & employability, leadership, recreation/leisure, wellness and independent living.
- Strategic Area #5-Statewide Services
- 5-Year Goal: CSDB’s Outreach Department will provide a greater and more responsive array of integrated services and expertise in educating blind/visually impaired and deaf/hard of hearing learners from birth through high school to families, school districts and other stakeholders in the state.