Coach: Anthony Thomas
CSDB has a well-established variety of accessible after-school programs and services promoting optimal whole person development for day and residential learners in an environment that is fun, fulfilling and engaging.
Foundations have been established for learner-centered programs and services available beyond the classroom that clearly identify opportunities for day, residential and BtL learners, and promote development of skills in the areas of academics & employability, leadership, recreation/leisure, wellness and independent living.
4A Strategic Goal Area: Extra Curricular Programming
Team Captain: Max Wilding
Players: Darrell Shular, Kim Thornton, Shari Matthews, Jaimie Valencia
Establish residential and extracurricular programming mechanisms to enhance programs and services occurring after the school day.
- Identify and establish appropriate school-wide and/or departmental guided learning supports for learners during after school hours.
- Assess, determine, and develop residential after school scheduling to determine where structure is needed to establish additional learner engagement and focus (ensuring learners have options within this structure).
- Develop a system of communication that provides consistent, accurate, and timely information between residential staff and parents and residential staff and school staff.
4B Strategic Area: Building Autonomy
Players: Robin Tueting, Lisa VanDam, Marty Rahn, Allison Sambrook, Trena Alexei, Richard Williams. Shawn Anderson
Build learner autonomy through increased engaged learning opportunities for learners to lead more fulfilling lives.
- Develop greater Independent Living Skills (ILS).
- Create effective after-school mechanisms to promote mental health.
- Review and revise school rules and procedures.