Coach: Kathy Emter
CSDB’s Post-Secondary and Workforce Readiness (PWR) instruction and experiences, starting at preschool, develops graduates with the knowledge and expertise that lead to autonomy and fulfilling careers measured by effective tracking. (Appendix)
CSDB’s Post-Secondary and Workforce Readiness instruction and experiences provide a consistent, structured scope and sequence consisting of learning in and out of the classroom, quality on- and off-campus work experiences including interactions with a variety of adult role models, and knowledge of community resources.
3A Strategic Goal Area: Graduation Requirements
Team Captain: Jen Wright
Players: Eric Bruckman, Janey Heard, Rebecca Hansen
Define and implement specific criteria to allow for learners to demonstrate achievement of state standards, numeracy, and literacy proficiency and/or IEP benchmarks upon graduation.
- Determine equitable pathways for learners to achieve graduation requirements and obtain a CSDB diploma, to possibly include numeracy/literacy proficiency assessment scores; CSDB capstone; vocational/CTE certification, etc.
- Develop and administer an equitable capstone plan: a culminating exhibition demonstrating learning of predetermined outcomes, including demonstration of proficiency in literacy and numeracy.
- Review and revise CSDB graduation policy and regulations to accurately reflect the pathways, expectations, and requirements for learners to meet school graduation requirements, including Certificate of Completion.
- Communicate on a timely basis with parents and learners regarding placement in high school programs specific to the pathway and expectations involved to meet CSDB graduation requirements.
- Develop a bank of appropriate resources related to post-secondary education, employment, and career training opportunities, that are regularly updated on the CSDB website for staff, community, and parent access.
3B Strategic Goal Area: Workforce Readiness
Team Captain: Sherri Anderson
Players: Laura Stearns, Julie Harrison, Angie Brown, Mariel Knauss, Jamey Hastings
Support learners to have a successful off campus work experienced in which they demonstrate growth and development on the job as measured through evaluations by CSDB job coaches/transition teachers and community employers by the time they graduate.
- Develop a scope and sequence defining the work experiences offered at each grade level and collect data.
- Expand CSDB pool of community partners and potential employers for learners.
- Implement creative scheduling strategies for students to experience post-secondary work experiences outside of a traditional schedule.
- Explore HS career technology programs that begin in HS in nearby districts; collaborate/partner with districts to make options available to CSDB learners.
- Establish a stronger bridge from learners’ home communities during years at CSDB.
- Train identified staff on providing consistent information and support to learners to ensure clarity and understanding of their transition progress and next steps.
3C Strategic Goal Area: Postsecondary Education
Team Captain: JJ Ryan
Players: Christina Cortes, Shannon Carter
Develop comprehensive mechanisms to support learners interested in pursuing a post-secondary college/CTE program.
- Review current mechanisms and prep courses available, making additions as necessary, to ensure learners have a comprehensive set of college ready course options.
- Identify and establish a process for improving learners’ and parents’ information and understanding in specific areas, i.e., college entrance requirements, scholarships, FAFSA, enrollment.
- Provide instruction and guidance during 9th grade focusing on essential skills (i.e., organizational skills, time management) to prepare learners to become autonomous and self-determined in HS and beyond.
- Support learners who are ready to attend a post-secondary education program after their senior year.