History

The Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind (CSDB) occupies six city blocks of a residential area adjacent to downtown Colorado Springs.  Upon its establishment at this site in 1876, the school was beyond the eastern edge of the city.  Today it is an integral part of the downtown area and predates the growth of the neighborhood around it.  Situated on a park-like campus of undulating grassy hills and many fine old trees, the school consists of historic buildings and recent constructions.  Occupying most of the campus are substantial stone buildings, reflecting the English-inspired architecture that proliferates through much of the city.  All the historic buildings retain their integrity of locations, design, materials and workmanship.  The newer buildings are modern, low-profile, brick construction that appear to defer to the surrounding historic structures

#FFFFFF

Jones 1911
Jones Building 1911

Administration Building 1906
Administration Building 1906

Gottlieb 1952
Gottlieb 1952