Map of CSDB
The oldest of the campuses stone buildings, it was built in 1906. The building was originally built for offices, library, public parlors and guest rooms. Also, prior to 1975, the superintendent's housing was on the second floor and the main floor on the south end. It is currently being used for general administrative offices.
Adams was built in 1969 as an academic building for the blind. It is names for the True C. Adams, the Secretary-Treasure for CSDB Board of Trustees from August 1963 until his death.
Argo Hall, which houses the kitchen and dining room, was completed in 1923. It was built on the site of the original building from 1876. It was named for Mr. William K. Argo who was Superintendent from 1899 until his death in 1921. At that time his wife, Belle Argo, became Superintendent until her death one year later.
The Alfred L. Brown Hall, a new residential building, was erected in 1941 on the old site of the Girls Hall. In 1946, it was formally named for Mr. Alfred L. Brown, Superintendent from 1932-1954. Mr. Brown often called the square dances for students.
Early Education Center
Built in 1957.
The Hubert Work gymnasium was built in 1922. In addition to being a member of the Board of Trustees, Mr. Work was Postmaster General of the United States and later the U.S. Secretary of the Interior. An addition (the Weiner-Galluzzo Multi-Purpose Facility), added in 1984, was named for two former staff member, Mr. Abraham, who was blind, and Mr. Frank Galluzzo, who was deaf.
The Gottlieb Building, completed in 1952, served all students until 1969, when it became the School for the Deaf. It was named for Mr. Leo R. Gottlieb of Trinidad, Colorado, who was a member of the Board of Trustees from 1944-1966. In 2011, the Gottlieb Building underwent a complete renovation.
The Industrial Building was built in 1907. The original building was designed and built to provide space for older students to learn skills that would enable them to become productive citiizens.
Jones Hall, built in 1911, was initially named Argo Hall. It was renamed for Mr. Asa T. Jones, a member of the Board of Trustees for 28 years. H
Lions Hall was built in 1968. The original use of the building was to use as a dining and social hall for blind students. It is named in honor of the Colorado Springs Lions' Clubs for the many kindnesses shown throughout the school's history.
Built in 1918, Palmer Hall was designed to be used as a dormitory for students. The building is names for General William J. Palmer, founder of Colorado Springs and Chairman of the Colorado Springs Land Company which donated many parcels of land for the development of the school.
Ritter Hall named for J. Alfred Ritter, Secretary-Treasurer for the Board of Trustees was built in 1926.
The Steam Plant was built in 1926. The Superintendent's report to the Governor in 1926 hailed the Steam Plant as "one of the most modern and most efficient heating plants of any school for the deaf and the blind in the United States."
Stone was built in 1966 for the purpose of vocational education classrooms. The building is names for H. Chase Stone, the President of the First National Bank of Colorado Springs.
Built in 1931.