1

CSDB 1901-1920

#FFFFFF

1902

Greenhouse
  • The Greenhouse was added.
  • Winfield Scott Stratton bequeathed $25,500 to CSDB to be invested and the interest used annually as rewards for excellence in scholarship and demeanor.

 

1903-1904

  • General Palmer, with the Colorado Land Company, donated land extending the campus east to Hancock Ave. 
  • The school's Palmer Athletic Association was formed.
  • CSDB purchased a 120-acre dairy ranch east of Hancock Avenue.
  • Lake MacDonald, at the SW corner of the campus, was created for ornamental purposes.  The lake was filled in 1926.
     

1906

Administration Building
  • The Administration Building was built at a cost of $45,424.
     

1907-1909

Industrial Building 1907
Hospital Annex 1907
  • The Industrial Building was added containing a garage, maintenance shop and the laundry.
  • Hospital Annex was added to provide an isolation area for those with contagious diseases.

 

1911-1913

The Barn
Jones 1911
  • The Barn (November 1911) and Jones Hall (1913) and were completed.
  • An additional 80 acres were added to the dairy ranch and a poultry station was formed at the school.

 

1918-1919

Palmer Hall
  • Palmer Hall was added as a dormitory for deaf boys, with a capacity of 60 beds.
  • 23 acres south of Pikes Peak purchased for future expansion.