The CSDB Early Education Center and preschool programs focus on thematic centers and experiential learning opportunities for students from ages three through seven. We adapt our curriculum and instruction to meet each student's unique learning and communication styles. We focus on establishing a strong academic foundation both our deaf/hard or hearing and visually impaired students to foster success in future grades.
- Provide an environment for young children to learn, interact, and play
- Emphasize an active learning classroom where children explore with their senses
- Develop readiness skills for school and home
- Enhance self-confidence and social skills
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment
- Utilize a thematic based approach to learning
- Provide a language-rich environment
- Focuses on children's developmental levels and needs
The CSDB Early Education Center students are provided with related student services such as Speech/Language, American Sign Language, Audiology Services, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Counseling, Braille, and Orientation & Mobility as identified on the student’s IEP.
All CSDB Early Education Center students are administered the Teaching Strategies GOLD assessment three times a year in Fall, Winter, and Spring. Teaching Strategies GOLD is an approved Early Childhood Education assessment through the state of Colorado. Teaching Strategies GOLD is an authentic, observation based assessment that allows for documentation to be collected throughout the year on student progress. At the end of each testing window for Fall, Winter, and Spring individual student reports are provided for parents.
The assessment is comprehensive and assesses the following domains:
7. Science and Technology
8. Social Studies
9. The Arts