Welcome to the Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind, School for the Blind. In this short video, Principal Jamie Lugo introduces the program goals and objectives for staff and students in the School for the Blind.
for learners who are blind/visually impaired, and deaf-blind, CSDB Believes:
- Concept development and experiential learning are foundational.
- The Expanded Core Curriculum (ECC) is essential, embedded in the instructional program, and explicitly taught in all environments to provide pathways to independence.
- Providing instruction through the learner’s unique learning media modes (i.e., tactile, print with optical enhancement, auditory) is vital for achievement.
- Extensive instruction in and daily use of braille, as appropriate to the strengths and needs of the learner, provide a foundation for literacy and learning within and beyond the classroom
- Orientation and Mobility (O&M) skills are crucial for learners to safely navigate their world as independently as possible.
- Effective use of assistive technology allows learners to attain a competitive edge in an ever-evolving digital world.
Electives and Student Services
Click here if you need to contact Elective Teachers (Art, PE, Music, Employability Center, etc.) Click this link.
CSDB's related services help children with disabilities benefit from their education programs by providing extra support to helps the students access instruction. Related services can include, but are not limited to, speech, orientation and mobility, occupational therapy, physical therapy and more. Please click here to learn more about the services offered at CSDB and our service providers.